Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 - Thought Repository

Friday, July 10, 2009

Update Rollup 5 released, Fix for Slow Loading Entity Forms

View Comments



Update Rollup 5 was just released on July 2nd and is available for download. As with all Rollup Updates, I'm always curious to read through the list of fixes and see if any affect customizations made to my CRM system. It's always a good idea to test out the Rollup Updates for a few weeks on a development CRM server prior to deploying to production. You'll also want to impersonate a test user account to make sure user accounts with different roles and permissions are not affected.



Of particular interest in this Rollup is a fix for "slow performance and high CPU utilization [which occurs] when you import customizations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" 956330. Any time I can cut down page load times is a boon to user experience and satisfaction. After installing the Rollup on my dev CRM system, I found page load times for my Account entity reduced from upwards of 30 seconds from a cleared cache, to less than 5 seconds. Highly recommended!

blog comments powered by Disqus

About Me

Henry Bow
I'm a programmer living in sunny Orange Country, California. Since the beginning of 2008, I've been developing on the MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 platform. This blog will help me jot down some of the tips and neat features I've developed along the way while giving me a chance to dabble into the curious world of analytics and SEO.

Please let me know if I can help with your CRM needs.
hbow27@gmail.com

Feed Rss

Subscribe to new posts via e-mail

Recent Posts